Our business program offers a balance of business and liberal arts courses for a foundation in the field.
If you're looking for a background in business ideas, skills, and concepts, our Associate in Science in Business program is for you.
In addition to the general education requirements for the associate degree, you will complete all six of the business courses required towards the first two years of the Bachelor of Science in Business Management program. Also, you will need to complete three additional business or related electives for a total of 10 courses or 30 credits in your major.
You may either finish your college studies with the associate degree or continue on to complete the bachelor's degree program without missing a step.
Interested in learning more about our business program?
Candidates for Van Loan School's undergraduate programs should have a minimum of two years full-time work experience. Admission to an undergraduate program requires a high school diploma, GED or conferred Associates degree from an accredited college or university. Prospective students may apply online at www.endicott. edu/VanLoan/Van-Loan-Admissions or submit the following materials to Van Loan School Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale St, Beverly, MA 01915:
- Completed undergraduate application;
- Non-refundable $25 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students
- Essay of 250 - 500 words on career goals;
- Official final high school transcript or GED certificate
- Official transcripts of any post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s), including Joint Service Transcripts.
- Official scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted, or matriculated, in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of 12 Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants must request that an official academic transcript confirming a secondary school diploma equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma be sent directly from the secondary school. Educational documents from outside the U.S. must be accompanied by a certified English translation, if deemed necessary.
All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency. International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their high school transcript and diploma are not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott- sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Converse and write at an acceptable level for business communications in English.
- Conceptualize a complex business issue into a coherent written statement and oral presentation.
- Recall and apply the basic foundational knowledge of science and liberal studies.
- Effectively use and understand digital technology as it applies to contemporary business practices.
Business Major Electives - 3 cr.
World Cultures Course - 3 cr.
Aesthetic Awareness & Creative Expression Course - 3 cr.
Literary Perspectives Course - 3 cr.
Individual & Society Course - 3 cr.
Quantitative Reasoning Course - 3 cr.
Values & Ethical Reasoning Course - 3 cr.
Science & Technology Course - 3 cr.
Global Issues Course - 3 cr.
Open Electives - 9 cr.ACC 175 - Financial AccountingACC 185 - Managerial AccountingBUS 110 - Business Computers IBUS 120 - Business Fundamentals IBUS 121 - Business Fundamentals IIBUS 200 - MarketingEC 150 - Career FoundationsECN 201 - Macroeconomics, ORECN 202 - MicroeconomicsENG 111 - Critical Reading and Writing IENG 112 - Critical Reading and Writing II
Total Degree Requirements - 66 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step.