Pursue our post-baccalaureate certificate to build knowledge and skills for working with individuals across the autism spectrum.
100% online or in Beverly
This certificate program is designed for students who already have a master’s degree and are interested in courses specifically focused on autism spectrum disorders.
- 21-credit program perfect for working professionals
- State of the art training in autism
- Personal advising and assistance in professional development
- Small class sizes
- Consistent adjunct faculty with real-world experience
- In-depth coursework in ASD
- Affordable tuition
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will be able:
- To demonstrate an understanding of the breadth, depth, and diversity of learning and behavioral challenges associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- To identify effective methods for diagnosing and assessing individuals with autism, including in adaptive behavior, daily living skills, autism severity, and functional academic skills.
- To describe the experiences of families of individuals with autism, including the impact on psychological functioning, family dynamics, and logistical planning.
- To identify the elements of evidence-based practices, and to describe procedures that are empirically validated and those that lack empirical verification.
- To describe the needs and challenges of individuals with ASD across the life-span.
- To describe and implement evidence based practices for collaborating with members of other disciplines and for training staff members.
Required CurriculumAUT 527 - Introduction to Autism Spectrum DisordersAUT 537 - Developing Individualized Goals for Learners with AutismAUT 570 - Understanding and Remidiating Communication Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 571 - Understanding and Remediating Social and Play Skill Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 574 - Evidence-Based PracticeAUT 578 - Effective Collaboration Across DisciplinesABA 584 - Measurement and Experimental Evaluation II^
Total Certificate Requirements - 21 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step.