Pursue our post-baccalaureate certificate to build knowledge and skills for working with individuals across the autism spectrum.
100% online or in Beverly
This certificate program is designed for students who already have a master’s degree and are interested in courses specifically focused on autism spectrum disorders.
- 21-credit program perfect for working professionals
- State of the art training in autism
- Personal advising and assistance in professional development
- Small class sizes
- Consistent adjunct faculty with real-world experience
- In-depth coursework in ASD
- Affordable tuition
All candidates must apply online at: www.endicott.edu/Van Loan/Van-Loan-Admissions
Applicants should submit the following to Van Loan School Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Statement of purpose of no less than three pages outlining your intentions for graduate study, your background in the field of applied behavior analysis, and the contributions that you intend to make to the field. This essay should be in APA format and include no less than 3 references.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview with the program director (only required for some programs)
- 3.2 GPA required
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will be able:
- To demonstrate an understanding of the breadth, depth, and diversity of learning and behavioral challenges associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- To identify effective methods for diagnosing and assessing individuals with autism, including in adaptive behavior, daily living skills, autism severity, and functional academic skills.
- To describe the experiences of families of individuals with autism, including the impact on psychological functioning, family dynamics, and logistical planning.
- To identify the elements of evidence-based practices, and to describe procedures that are empirically validated and those that lack empirical verification.
- To describe the needs and challenges of individuals with ASD across the life-span.
- To describe and implement evidence based practices for collaborating with members of other disciplines and for training staff members.
Required CoursesAUT 527 - Introduction to Autism Spectrum DisordersAUT 578 - Effective Collaboration Across DisciplinesAUT 585 - Thesis/Capstone Project in ASD
Elective Courses: (12 credits)AUT 537 - Developing Individualized Goals for Learners with AutismAUT 540 - Adolescents and Adults with ASD: Transition and Meaningful EngagementAUT 550 - Supervision, Training and Organizational Management in an Autism Service Provision ContextAUT 570 - Understanding and Remediating Communication Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 571 - Understanding and Remediating Social and Play Skill Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 574 - Evidence-Based Practice
Total Certificate Requirements - 21 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step.