Enhance your skills with a certificate in social / emotional development.
For current educators be equipped to help students adapt to the increasingly complex challenges of contemporary society. This certificate program will assist you in learning techniques to support your students develop these critical attributes and improve problem solving, self-management, relationship and social awareness skills.
All candidates must apply online at: www.endicott.edu/Van-Loan/Van-Loan-Admissions
Applicants should submit the following to Van Loan School Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview or teleconference with the program director
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
At the end of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate expertise, mastery, and ability to implement skills related to the construction of self-learning.
- Demonstrate expertise, mastery, and ability to implement the skills related to mindfulness for self and students being served.
- Demonstrate expertise, mastery, and ability to implement the skills related to professional ethics in professional settings.
- Demonstrate expertise, mastery, and ability to implement the skills related to understanding and engaging in helping relationships as a professional, and assisting students being served with these skills.
Required CurriculumED 559 - Understanding & Engaging in Helping RelationshipsED 560 - Professional EthicsED 568 - Social-Emotional CompetenceED 573 - Construction of Self-LearningED 576 - Mindfulness
Total Certificate Requirements - 15 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes