Learn both fundamental and cutting edge strategies to increase student success and educator effectiveness in special education.
100% online, on your schedule
Develop an in-depth understanding of autism spectrum disorders and a broad understanding of the principles and procedures of applied behavior analysis.
The Master of Education in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) was developed as an option for students interested in completing the requirements to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam in an accelerated format. The program is a 36-credit degree that includes required core academic courses and an intensive practicum, which combined meet the requirements to sit for the BCBA exam. Elective courses span the the areas of special education, autism, and organizational behavior management.
ABA programs offered through Endicott’s Van Loan School:
- Can be completed in as little as 15 months;
- Include a free BCBA Exam preparation course;
- Are one of only 5 of the “Top 20 Masters Programs” that does not require the GRE/MAT;*
- Rank 3rd for first-time-test-taker pass rates on the BCBA exam out of the “Top 20 Masters Programs” that had 30 or more students sit for the test;”*
- Have a superior Student:Teacher ratio of 14:1, which ranks well below the average ratio of 18:1 for all other “Top 20 Masters Programs.”
*As identified and/or reported by Applied Behavior Analysis EDU.org.
Program of Study
After completing this program, students will:
• Have a good grasp of the theoretical perspective of behaviorism and natural science
• Understand the components of valid research
• Be able to observe human behavior and explain it causes based upon the world view of behaviorism and natural science
• Explain how behavioral principles apply to all areas of human endeavor
Required Courses - 21 CreditsABA 510 - Conceptual Issues in Applied Behavior AnalysisABA 525 - Basic Principles of Applied Behavior AnalysisABA 534 - Measurement & Experimental Evaluation of Behavioral Interventions IABA 541 - Behavioral AssessmentABA 554 - Behavior Change Procedures and System SupportsABA 565 - Ethical Issues in Behavior Analysis^ABA 584 - Measurement and Experimental Evaluation II^ABA 699 - Comprehensive Exam
Electives- 15 Credits
SPE XXX -3 cr.
Any Special Education course approved by AdvisorABA 555 - Intensive Practicum/Seminar IABA 568 - Intensive Practicum/Seminar IIAUT 527 - Introduction to Autism Spectrum DisordersAUT 537 - Developing Individualized Goals for Learners with AutismAUT 570 - Understanding and Remidiating Communication Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 571 - Understanding and Remediating Social and Play Skill Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 574 - Evidence-Based PracticeAUT 578 - Effective Collaboration Across Disciplines
Total Degree Requirements - 36 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step
The program is open to all applicants holding a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. All applicants to the program will be required to complete the full Van Loan School application process.