Build understanding of autism spectrum disorders and the broad principles and procedures of applied behavior analysis.
100% online, hybrid, or face-to-faceThe master’s degree in autism and ABA is for students wishing to specialize in meeting the needs of this population. Autism is a complex disorder; understanding it is not achieved with exposure to one or a few children with this diagnosis, or with a few lectures on the subject. It is a many-layered disability that requires in-depth training.
Graduates of the program will have fulfilled the educational requirements to sit for the national examination administered by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board and will be uniquely qualified to apply the most effective interventions to this challenging condition.
- 39-credit program perfect for working professionals
- State of the art training in ABA and autism
- Personal advising, mentoring for thesis/capstone project, and assistance in professional development
- Flexibility in course scheduling and format options
- Small class sizes
- Consistent adjunct faculty with real-world experience
- In-depth coursework in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Affordable tuition
- No GRE required
All candidates must apply online at: www.endicott.edu/Van-Loan/Van-Loan-Admissions
Applicants should submit the following to Van Loan School Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Statement of purpose of no less than three pages outlining your intentions for graduate study, your background in the field of applied behavior analysis, and the contributions that you intend to make to the field. This essay should be in APA format and include no less than 3 references.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview with the program director (only required for some programs)
- 3.2 GPA required
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Demonstrate acquisition of the knowledge, principles, and skills of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Demonstrate application of assessment and behavior change procedures involved in educating and treating individuals with autism
- Demonstrate understanding of the learning, behavioral, communication, and social characteristics of individuals with autism as manifested by knowledge of effective individualized curricular planning, effective classroom management, and an under standing of evidence-based practice
Required Courses in ABA (22 credits)ABA 510 - Conceptual Issues in Applied Behavior AnalysisABA 525 - Basic Principles of Applied Behavior AnalysisABA 534 - Measurement & Experimental Evaluation of Behavioral Interventions IABA 541 - Behavioral AssessmentABA 554 - Behavior Change ProceduresABA 565 - Ethical Issues in Behavior AnalysisABA 520 - Supervision and ManagementABA 699 - Comprehensive ReviewABA 698 - Thesis Completion
Required Courses in Autism (9 credits)AUT 527 - Introduction to Autism Spectrum DisordersAUT 578 - Effective Collaboration Across DisciplinesAUT 585 - Thesis/Capstone Project in ASD
Elective Courses: (9 credits)
Students must choose 3. At least 2 of the 3 must be AUT prefix. One ABA elective allowed.AUT 537 - Developing Individualized Goals for Learners with AutismAUT 570 - Understanding and Remediating Communication Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 571 - Understanding and Remediating Social and Play Skill Deficits in Learners with AutismAUT 574 - Evidence-Based PracticeAUT 540 - Adolescents and Adults with ASD: Transition and Meaningful EngagementAUT 550 - Supervision, Training and Organizational Management in an Autism Service Provision ContextABA 512 - Verbal BehaviorABA 527 - ABA in Public School Special EducationABA 522 - Treatment of Severely Challenging BehaviorABA 524 - Variations and Applications of Functional Analysis Procedures
Total Degree Requirements - 40 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step
All Endicott ABA master's programs are now fully online. No residency requirement.