Designed to assist classroom teachers, administrators, and education specialists to meet the needs of diverse student populations in international schools.
The Van Loan School at Endicott College offers an M.Ed. in International Education with your choice of models:
- A blended program of online and face-to-face studies with summer courses in Madrid or Leysin (Switzerland), OR,
- A 100% online program
The program prepares you to navigate the complex global challenges and trends that are affecting education on a global scale in order to create an educational environment that encourages transformation, innovation, and skill development - the foundations for excellent teaching.
This flexible program can be completed in a minimum of 16 months or over an extended period of time to meet your personal requirements. To discuss customizing a program of study, please email Richard Pacheco.
This newly designed program of studies timetable for international M.Ed. programs begins in January 2019. This new timetable offers:
- Less summer time commitment - 3 face-to-face summer courses (formerly 4), for 2 summers
- Lower summer study accommodation and living expenses - 3 weeks, formerly 4, for 2 summers
- Less stress during online courses - each course is studied individually
The courses offered in the M.Ed. programs will remain unchanged.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- To recognize the interrelationship between all intellectual pursuits, the correlation of history and innovation, social progress and traditional values, and classical and contemporary cultures.
- To create an educational environment that encourages ongoing transformation, innovation, and skill development that are the foundation of excellent teaching.
- To assist classroom teachers, administrators, and education specialists to meet the needs of diverse student populations in international schools. The program has been designed to allow teachers to simultaneously complete their degree within a reasonable period of time while continuing their international work.
Required CurriculumIED 504 - Theories in Curriculum^IED 509 - Language Diversity in EducationIED 510 - Leadership in International Schools^IED 511 - Strategies for Change in International SchoolsIED 522 - Intercultural CommunicationIED 524 - Child and Adolescent Psychology: Theory and Practice Cross-CulturalIED 572 - Clinical Experience^IED 573 - Reflective Seminar: International EducationIED 574 - Research ProjectIED 580 - Innovative Practices in EducationIED 581 - Technology in EducationIED 582 - Research Methods
Total Degree Requirements - 36 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step.