Explore techniques for bringing technology into the classroom through this blended online and face-to-face program, with summer courses in Switzerland.
The Van Loan School at Endicott College offers an M.Ed. in International Education with a concentration in educational technology, which is designed to raise the competencies of educators in all fields by incorporating technology into schools and classroom settings. Curriculum covers the use of computer-mediated communications, management, and instructional technologies of educators and support personnel - with the ultimate goal of helping students achieve their highest potential and to prepare for a rapidly changing world.
This flexible program can be completed in 13 months or over an extended period of time to meet your personal requirements. To discuss customizing a program of study, please email Richard Pacheco.
*From January 2019, a newly designed Program of Studies Timetable will be introduced for all the international M.Ed. programs which will offer:
- Less summer time commitment - 3 face-to-face summer courses (currently 4), for 2 summers
- Lower summer study accommodation and living expenses - 3 weeks, rather than 4, for 2 summers
- Less stress during online courses - each course is studied individually
Those students beginning their studies with an online course in January 2019 will be able to complete the M.Ed. in 16 months.
The courses offered in the M.Ed. programs will remain unchanged.
Note: The International Education/Educational Technology concentration program is NOT linked to Massachusetts teacher licensure.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Participants will significantly increase their competencies in incorporating technology into schools and classroom settings, with a view on student improvement
- Participants will assess and improve their skills in the use and troubleshooting of computer-mediated communications, management and instructional technologies of educators and support personnel, with an emphasis on both hardware and software
- Participants will demonstrate ability to function confidently and safely in knowledge-based environments in the international community
- Participants will manage and leverage technology to enhance "international" elements of international and state-funded schools
Required CurriculumIED 500 - Philosophical and Research Foundations for Technology in Teaching and LearningIED 504 - Theories in Curriculum^IED 511 - Strategies for Change in International SchoolsIED 571 - Leadership for Technology in SchoolsIED 573 - Reflective Seminar: International EducationIED 574 - Research ProjectIED 575 - Practicum in Technology in SchoolsIED 580 - Innovative Practices in EducationIED 581 - Technology in EducationIED 582 - Research MethodsIED 583 - Technology Infrastructure in SchoolsMIEA 564 - Leveraging Technology
Total Degree Requirements - 36 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step.
Summer in Switzerland
The international component of the M.Ed. program includes course options through our partner, The American School in Leysin, Switzerland.