Master of Science in Information Technology (36 credits)
The Master of Science in Information Technology program is designed for IT professionals looking to become leaders in the field. Emphasis is placed on current and emerging tech trends and systems, and developing communication skills for successful collaboration with business managers, technology managers, software developers, and consultants.
- 36-credit program perfect for working professionals
- Option to specialize in the growing field of health and medical informatics
- Personal advising
- Affordable tuition
- No GRE required
Gain a broad understanding of information technology and its application to various industries.
All candidates must apply online at: www.endicott.edu/Van-Loan/Van-Loan-Admissions
Applicants should submit the following to Van Loan School Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview with the program director (only required for some programs)
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of information technology and its application to the professional world
- Effectively communicate with business managers, technology managers, software developers, and consultants
Required CurriculumITS 525 - Systems Architecture and AnalysisITS 532 - Advanced Cloud ComputingITS 534 - Managing Virtual SystemsITS 536 - Object Oriented ProgrammingITS 538 - Web 3.0/Communications and CommerceITS 544 - Database ManagementITS 553 - Technology and InnovationITS 550 - Software EngineeringITS 562 - Advanced Web ProgrammingITS 564 - Security ManagementITS 570 - Business Intelligence and Data MiningITS 575 - Project and Professional ManagementITS 585 - Internship/Field Study Seminar(Optional, Needs Permission of Director)
Total Degree Requirements - 36 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes