Deepen your skills and knowledge in the growing health informatics field.
Designed for business and information technology professionals who need to learn: current and emerging trends; how to address privacy, ethics and security; and planned government and industry policies and programs in healthcare and medical technology. The program offers a set of courses in technical topics and the management of information technology systems. Electives focus on technology, management, processes and policies for the Health and Medical Informatics field of study and profession.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Facilitate the development and advancement of emerging information technologies to improve health care delivery and cost efficiencies
- Gain an in-depth understanding of new and existing health information management systems within the context of the U.S. health care system
- Become proficient in the "language" of health care, navigate the rules around using medical data, and obtain relevant information to assess changes to the health care system
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and management of information technology solutions to improve patient care and the health care delivery process
- Utilize health information technology for decision support, knowledge management, strategic planning, and outcome assessment to optimize cost efficiencies in the health care system
- Understand the business implications on security, privacy and policies
Required CurriculumITS 564 - Security ManagementITS 525 - Systems Architecture and AnalysisITS 532 - Advanced Cloud ComputingITS 544 - Database ManagementITS 553 - Technology and InnovationITS 550 - Software EngineeringITS 570 - Business Intelligence and Data MiningITS 575 - Project and Professional ManagementMHI 550 - Health & Medical Information Systems OverviewMHI 570 - Emerging Health & Medical Information Technologies & StandardsMHI 580 - Policies and Trends in Healthcare InformaticsMHI 590 - Security, Ethics, Privacy & Compliance for Health & Medical Information
Total Degree Requirements - 36 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step.