Master of Science in Information Technology with Concentration in Health and Medical Informatics (36 credits)
Designed for business and information technology professionals who need to learn current and emerging trends; how to address privacy, ethics and security; and planned government and industry policies and programs in healthcare and medical technology.
The program offers a set of courses in technical topics and the management of information technology systems. Electives focus on technology, management, processes, and policies for the health and medical informatics field of study and profession.
Interested in learning more about our Master of Science in Information Technology with a Concentration in Health & Medical Informatics?
All candidates must apply online at: www.endicott.edu/Van-Loan/Van-Loan-Admissions
Applicants should submit the following to Van Loan School Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- Interview with the program director (only required for some programs)
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Facilitate the development and advancement of emerging information technologies to improve health care delivery and cost efficiencies
- Gain an in-depth understanding of new and existing health information management systems within the context of the U.S. health care system
- Become proficient in the "language" of health care, navigate the rules around using medical data, and obtain relevant information to assess changes to the health care system
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and management of information technology solutions to improve patient care and the health care delivery process
- Utilize health information technology for decision support, knowledge management, strategic planning, and outcome assessment to optimize cost efficiencies in the health care system
- Understand the business implications on security, privacy and policies
Required CurriculumITS 564 - Security ManagementITS 525 - Systems Architecture and AnalysisITS 532 - Advanced Cloud ComputingITS 544 - Database ManagementITS 553 - Technology and InnovationITS 550 - Software EngineeringITS 570 - Business Intelligence and Data MiningITS 575 - Project and Professional ManagementMHI 550 - Health & Medical Information Systems OverviewMHI 570 - Emerging Health & Medical Information Technologies & StandardsMHI 580 - Policies and Trends in Healthcare InformaticsMHI 590 - Security, Ethics, Privacy & Compliance for Health & Medical InformationITS 585 - Internship/Field Study Seminar(Optional, Needs Permission of Director)
Total Degree Requirements - 36 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes