Pursue a graduate-level sports management degree that opens doors to careers in education, business, nonprofits, and government agencies.
100% Online, on your schedule
This program is based on the belief that learning leads to personal growth, and relationship building helps blaze a successful trail to dynamic opportunities in the sport industry. The focused study of sports management/administration and its current trends gives students a solid foundation to pursue careers within educational institutions* (secondary schools, colleges and universities); non-profit organizations and businesses that offer sport fitness and wellness services; government agencies (recreation and state parks); and sport governing bodies.
- 39-credit program perfect for working professionals
- Convenient six-week courses
- Expert faculty and advisory board representing MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, higher education, and more
- Networking opportunities
- Personal advising and job placement support
- Affordable tuition
- No GRE required
Become a leader in sports and recreation.
*Please note this is a non-licensure program.
Program of Study
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Investigate the interrelationship between sport, culture, and society through an athletic administrator's lens
- Interpret and analyze the role and responsibilities of human resources, finance, governance, compliance, risk management, operations, technology, and the management, planning, organization, and administration of interscholastic and intercollegiate competition; and recreational athletics.
- Distinguish between key aspects of various athletic administration settings and how an effective manager approaches decision making in these dynamic environments
- Identify and evaluate career options in athletic administration, formulate transferable skills, construct a job search strategy, resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter.
Required CurriculumMAA 501 - Contemporary Issues in SportMAA 505 - Strategic Management and Leadership in Athletic AdministrationMAA 507 - Preparing for a Career in SportMAA 511 - Sport Management in MediaMAA 560 - Financial Resources ManagementMAA 521 - Sport Law and Risk ManagementMAA 580 - Facilities Planning in SportMAA 586 - Event Planning and ProgrammingMAA 571 - The Impact of Technology in SportMAA 599 - Comprehensive Seminar in Athletic AdministrationORMAA 588A - Sport Management Practicum
MAA Elective #1 - 3 cr.
MAA Elective #2 - 3 cr.
MAA Elective #3 - 3 cr.
Total Degree Requirements - 39 credits
View academic catalog and learning outcomes
Internships and Careers
An education from the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College means you'll have access to premiere career resources—long after you graduate.
Whether you're finishing your undergraduate study, adding new credentials, or working toward a new career path, you'll find resources through our Internship and Career Center to help you get where you want to go. From career advising to resume support, we're here to prepare you for your next step.
The Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
The following degree programs at Endicott College have received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation located in Arlington, Virginia:
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
- Master of Education in Athletic Administration