Work study students perform vital services on Endicott’s campus that directly serve military students. Students are paid directly by the VA for the work they perform in 50-hour increments.
Work-Study Job Description
The veteran student assistant must be dependable and work days and/or some evenings. Good communication skills are necessary along with a working knowledge of computers. Attention to detail and ability to work with veteran and active duty military students from a wide range of military branches.
Previous office experience and tutoring a plus. MS office/computer background preferred. Must have good oral and written communication skills. Must be dependable and be able to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Calling veteran and active duty military students who have applied to the College, but not completed their applications. Walk students through the steps to complete their applications.
- Work with students 1:1 before or after class to understand assignments and provide veteran-friendly tutoring on class based projects. Refer to the Writing Center, campus tutors as appropriate, or VITAL representative.
- Host a weekly study group in the Cyber Café for veteran students.
- Assist the Veterans Club with campus events, social media, or outreach opportunities.
- Make inquiry and acceptance packets for our veteran students as needed.
- Data entry, bulk mail, or campus errands as related to our veteran and military students.
How to Apply
This work study is open to all veterans. If you are interested in learning more about the work study program, email Laura Douglass at email@example.com.